March 27, 2020
Nichols Village reports no confirmed cases of COVID!
In order to successfully prevent Corvid from entering our community, Nichols Village strongly recommends:
· Limiting visitors to only those providing essential supports to residents, whether a home care agency professional or family caretaker.
· Residents with patios are encouraged to receive visitors via patio doors.
· All visitors are requested to sign in at reception desk and not travel anywhere else in the Manor other than the resident’s apartment they are going to.
· Drop off groceries at patios, or if no patio groceries may be dropped off at reception desk and will be promptly delivered by staff to residents.
· Cottage residents are encouraged to practice social distancing and limit visitors to only those providing essential supports.
· Staff members are required to take their temperature before reporting to work each day. If their temperature is at 100.3 or higher, they cannot report to work. For those staff members that do not have a thermometer at home Nichols Village has a digital thermometer to use in the office.
If residents have specific questions regarding COVID-19 they are encouraged to dial 211 on their telephones. Mass 211 is a service that responds immediately during times of crisis. This important service fields calls residents are unable to reach 2-1-1 using their telephone or cell phone carrier, a toll-free number is available 1-877-211-MASS (6277); Hearing impaired callers can reach them using 508-370-4890 TTY