March 23, 2020
To prevent Corvid from entering our community and to keep both residents and staff as safe as possible it is imperative to establish effective social distancing protocols as currently recommended by the CDC and the governor of Massachusetts. Nichols Village is committed to being proactive in warding off Corvid. Effective today the following services have been changed:
· Temporary suspension of apartment and cottage cleanings to minimize potential exposure to residents and staff.
· Housekeepers to concentrate on sanitizing common areas, including all common area hallways, bathrooms, entrances, kitchen areas, and offices.
· Maintenance to provide emergency work only. If a light bulb needs to be changed, and there is another light source in the room, this is not an emergency, if pictures need to be hung on the wall, this is not an emergency, etc.
· Gym and pool in the Fitness center are closed. The Studio remains open though it is highly recommended to practice safe distancing and to maintain no more than 10 people at a given time.
· Nichols Village is an "essential business". To reduce the number of people in the building some staff positions lend themselves to temporarily working from home.
· Reduce the number of visitors to lower the number of people traveling through the community.